Signed-off-by: Tommy <email@example.com>
Ignition configurations for Fedora CoreOS
- These are the configs I personally use on my systems. You MUST edit the files before you use them. At the very least, you should add your SSH keys or password hash.
- If you create a passwordless user that requires administrative privileges, ensure that it is part of the
sudogroup (CoreOS allows this group to use sudo without a password) as the configs will disable empty password system authentication.
- These configurations are made with a VPS in mind. You should adapt it for a bare metal deployment if that is what you are using (adding additional kernel parameters, configuring drive encryption, configuring storage, etc). You should also change the tuned profile from
- In most of these configs, the timezone is set to
America/New_Yorkand the automatic reboot time is set at 12 AM on Sunday. Watchtower will kick in 5-10 minutes after the reboot to update and redeploy the containers. You should change it according to your needs. The Docker-Compose.yml file does not include Watchtower.
- The auto-updater.service could be put in /etc/systemd/system and enable to have automatic updates for your docker-compose and its containers. Please make sure that the WorkingDir is appropriate.